Central Government made a new scheme Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna which is specially made for child girl. Those parents who don’t have money for give higher education or marriage to their female child provided money. Central Government made a small saving scheme for below age of 10 years female child.In this article, you are going to know about this scheme and also Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna benefits.
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna
There is scheme of government that is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna.This scheme is usually helpful for female child.As our government implied previous scheme that is Beti Bachao Beti Padao,similarly this scheme also based on it.Some of indian parents assume,girl child is burdens of education and marriage.The main purpose of bring this scheme is motivate people to save funds to their female childs and for their marriage. Those who avoid invest money in share Markets or fixes deposits, Sukanya yojna is best options for them.
Read also: How to change mobile number in Aadhar online
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna was started on 22 January 2015. It is also known as SSY. In the beginning 2015, 9.1% interest rate had given.But now currently 2019, 8.5% interest rate is giving.You are not lated even today you can apply for this scheme.
Registration for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna
SSY account can be open before 10 year age of born child girl depositing at least Rs.250. Under this scheme,maximum 1.5 lac can be deposited in financial year. Now one question in mind where to open SSY account? So let me tell you, account can be opened in any post office or any commercial bank under SSY. People have few questions in their mind, i’ll give answers of all questions.
A. What is the maturity time period of this scheme?
This scheme is matured after being 21 years age of girl child or being 18 year age till marriage.
B. How installments should be paid?
It is monthly paid installments. You can open account at minimum Rs.250 or maximum Rs. 1.5 lac. Your yearly installments will be Rs.3000 (at minimum amount).
C. What will be the % interest rate?
Currently interest rate is 8.5%. In 2015, 9.2% rate of interest is paid to people which is the highest interest rate ever in SSY.
D. When the money can withdraw?
When the girl is being 18 year of age, can withdraw 50% of amount for her higher education or another needs.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna benefits
- The parents of child girl can apply registration for SSY just depositing minimum Rs. 250.
- The girl child can withdraw 50% money for her higher education after being 18 age.
- If a person have two girls then one may apply for both girls.
- The girl after being 18 year of age, can withdraw money herself and spend according to her will.
- The money has to be deposited in account under SSY unless the girl isn’t being 14 age and when the girl will be 21 year of age then account validity will be matured.
Who is eligible to apply in SSY
- This scheme is only for girls not anybody else.
- The child girl should be citizen of India.
- The child girl’s age should be 10 or less than 10 years of age.
- Whoever is applying for this scheme should be real parents or guardians of that child girl.